Tuesday, January 30, 2007

the qc

now i know you're all positively dying to read about exciting australian adventures...but not today and possibly not another day either, because i'm quite lazy.

no, this post is all about a webcomic.

those of you who know me may have noticed my rambling about dinosaur comics and xkcd. (they're both awesome!). well, from today i think i'll be rambling about another one.

right, right, the name and link.

questionable content.

also, my luggage got lost on they way from sydney to copenhagen. but they found it and delivered it today! huzzah! also, there are few things more boring than sitting in a chair on an airplane for 24 hours. i'm sure you could figure out that on your own, though.

i feel like recommending a song. so i will. the song i recommend is "john wayne gacy, jr." by sufjan stevens. you should listen to it and the whole illinois album. it rocks as much as any album that ever rocked, possibly more.

9 comments:

Kumadude said...

May I posit that your return-timing does, in fact, suck? Surely it cannot also be my fault that I left for Shinyokohama just as you were returning to The Home Country?

Incidentally, I only had 11 hours on a non-stop flight, but I would certainly have been bored to death by that if it wasn't for your invention of the travel boredom survival kit back in '02.

Peter said...

travel boredom survival kit? i have forgotten about this, which seems like a stupid thing. i'm sure it's the answer to all my travel boredom prayers. what is it? is it a game boy andvance with kurukuru kururin? a gameboy advance with kururin paradaizu? a nintendo ds with kururin ds? (i'm pretty sure that last game does not exist, but one can dream)

Kumadude said...

Actually, the TBSK has evolved since its humble beginnings. Currently, it consists of an iPod (instead of the original MD-player), a DS (which is in need of some kind of gorgeous new game) a PSP with Lumines (puzzle joy!) and a book. You know, there's no such thing as infinite battery life.

Anonymous said...

Cursed be thy name for making me occupy such an overwhelming part of my spare time with yet another excellent web comic! Your taste in fine literature has yet another time proven to be flawless and without .. eh.. flaws.

Peter said...

I believe it is time for a list. A top 2 list over things you can't help doing even though there is surely something better that you really ought to be doing.

1. read web-forums
2. read web-comics

And the Nintendo DS is pretty darn sweet. Ikea-boy, do you really have both a DS and a PSP? You must travel a lot :) Maybe one day you will be able to read books on your portable game console.

Kumadude said...

I do indeed own both a DS and a PSP. And make of this what you will, but I have been able to read books on the PSP. But then you had to update the firmware, and the endless hacking would need to begin to keep it reading pdf-files, so I just gave up and... started using it as a paper-weight? It's a pretty paper-weight, though. I don't know, maybe you can still read pdf-stuff , but it's a scrolling nightmare to be avoided at most costs.

I shall now go read them thar web comics which seem to be "all the rage".

Peter said...

wow, you truly are the master of portable gaming. all that's really missing as an atari lynx - the original and best.

also, the blog-battle is on. unfortunately for me, you are owning my ass right now. i shall have to work on a particularly mind-blowing post.

Kumadude said...

I await it most eagerly! I have one in the works about... Well, ok, all I have in the works is the nastiest cold man has ever experienced and a steadily decreasing supply of tissues, but once I kick these here germs, your... something/s is/are numbered!

Anonymous said...

PETER!!!!!!!!